InfoLab Logo Header

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Feedback! (Posted by Paul Heymann)

Hello there. We've now been posting to the Stanford InfoBlog for a few months. We hope you've enjoyed the posts so far, but we'd like to know a little more about who you are and what you like in order to better serve you (and to get an idea of how our own research fits into the world of research outside of Stanford and outside of academia).

If you have a few minutes, we would really appreciate if you could fill out a survey here. We'll try not to give out any identifying details (not that any of the questions are that personal), and we'll use the responses to improve the InfoBlog. We might have a quick post at some later point to show what the results looked like.

Also, if you'd like, feel free to post any suggestions for the blog as comments to this post.

(P.S. The survey link above has a limit as to the number of responses, so if the survey is closed, don't worry! We may post another link, or just analyze the data at the point where we reach the limit.)

Labels: , , , ,

1. Anonymous Anonymous | October 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM |  

Paul, and InfoLab bloggers,

I have enjoyed reading many of the trip reports, research descriptions, and general CS ideas.

A few points you could also do going forward:
    (a) Better engage other academic, collaborative group blogs, and promote each other.
    (b) Introduce research outside your lab at Stanford, and be in some way a "local" connector to Stanford research.
    (c) Initiate a twitter/friendfeed for InfoLab, so you open-up an a less-formal communication channel.

2. Anonymous Anonymous | October 15, 2008 at 9:14 PM |  

I really enjoy reading your blog !!
    The only thing is I think the font you are using is too small and light....

3. Blogger Jeremy | October 20, 2008 at 3:41 AM |  

Hi there,

I would like to see post about Portia Project.

4. Blogger Paul Heymann | November 6, 2008 at 12:24 PM |  

Hey, thanks for all of these great comments. (We got a number of really good survey responses as well.)

Pranam: I'll see what we can do on those fronts, those sound exactly like what a local research blog should ideally do. I'm not sure if we're hip enough for Twitter/Friendfeed, though I definitely agree that allowing for less formal communication is good. I've been trying to respond regularly on blog comments to make it feel less like the comments are a high profile publication venue and more like they're a place for a discussion.

Anonymous: Alas, I wish I had graphic design talent. At one point, I switched to a really big font, but people around the lab disliked it. I'm kind of hoping we get a PhD or a masters student who just happens to have a ton of design talent who can make a decent template. I'll see what I can do though.

Jeremy: I'm actually not sure what the current status of Portia is. As a (non-Portia) student, it seems as though Portia is winding down or has winded down among the people I know, but I'll definitely check into it.

leave a response